Financial Advisory Services Manager
Marks Paneth LLP, a premier accounting firm with origins dating back to 1907, is ranked the 30th largest accounting firm in the nation and one of the top 10 largest in the Mid-Atlantic region, as reported by Accounting Today. With a team of nearly 700 professionals, including more than 90 partners, Marks Paneth provides a full range of audit, accounting, tax, consulting, trade remediation and valuation services, as well as litigation, forensic accounting and financial advisory services. We primarily serve domestic and international middle market, privately-held and family-owned businesses, as well as high-net-worth individuals and their families. Readers of the New York Law Journal have ranked Marks Paneth as one of the area's top three forensic accounting firms for six consecutive years.
Our firm takes pride in its depth of industry knowledge, and has developed specialized practices across a range of industries including real estate; hospitality; manufacturing, wholesale and distribution; retail; theater, media and entertainment; nonprofit, government and healthcare; and financial and professional services.
Marks Paneth’s Advisory Services Group helps public company CEOs, CFOs and audit committee members proactively manage complex financial transactions and reporting requirements. The firm also provides information technology consulting services to small and medium-sized companies and nonprofit organizations through its subsidiary, Tailored Technologies, LLC.
Marks Paneth’s membership in Morison KSi Ltd., a leading international association for independent business advisers, financial consulting and accounting firms, facilitates service delivery to clients throughout the United States and around the world.
Marks Paneth is headquartered in New York City, with additional offices in New York State, New Jersey, Florida, Pennsylvania and Washington, DC.
Managers are responsible for directing engagements and are often expected to manage multiple engagements simultaneously. They are charged with planning and coordination of the overall workload, and with supervising and training personnel.
Individuals will have at least 7 to 10 years’ experience in at least one of the department service lines, and will have earned appropriate recognition or certification in that field. S/He will be expected to be involved in document review, as well as to drive the development of ideas and issues in forming the case or evaluating the engagement. The individual should be comfortable delegating appropriate work to be performed by other personnel, as required, while maintaining an understanding and ownership of that work and the resultant findings.
- Planning the engagement approach.
- Monitoring the progress of work in relation to budgeted time and/or scheduled date of completion.
- Applying knowledge of financial statements, forensic accounting, and business processes, as applicable, to develop value-added solutions and advice for clients.
- Applying knowledge and comprehension of professional standards and governing principles to engagements.
- Becoming the primary point of contact for both the MP&S Director/Partner and the client, facilitating communications between the two by fielding client questions/concerns and resolving issues (with the Director/Partner’s support).
- Ensuring the clients’ needs are met and questions are answered promptly.
- Supervising and reviewing the work of other personnel on an engagement.
- Motivating and assisting lower level personnel in their professional development through both informal discussions during each engagement as well as through productive, timely completion of semi-annual evaluations.
- Identifying and communicating engagement issues and suggested solutions or conclusions to Directors and Partners.
- Drafting expert and other deliverable reports.
- Coordinating with administrative personnel to prepare the monthly billings for the client. (Final approval will lie with the Director/Partner.)
- Conducting seminars or training classes, publishing articles in professional publications, and/or attending networking events in order to enhance the Firm’s reputation as well as his/her own.
- Demonstrating continuing competency in his/her specialty area by staying up to date with professional publications and organizations.
- Assisting Directors/Partners with practice development of the service lines in which he/she practices.
- Maintaining a consistent attitude of professionalism and a strong interest in his/her career path.
Location – Manhattan, NY
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, and disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. Marks Paneth takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Please visit our website at www.markspaneth.com